Move Illinois: The Illinois Tollway Driving the Future program, adopted by the ISTHA Board of Directors in 2011, is described in the Capital Program Overview ‘will provide customers with a fully rebuilt, state-of-the-art system and critical new regional projects that will improve mobility, relieve congestion, reduce pollution and link economies across the Midwest.
SPAAN Tech has an active role in part of the program in providing technical services for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). The project entails the review of engineering designs (from conception to construction documentation), develop standard ITS drawings, specifications and guidelines for future ITS deployments, as well as, evaluating the newest technology, including HD IP PTZ cameras, vehicle sensors, ramp queue detection, road weather information system, and upgrade of the Tollway’s traffic operation center and data collection facilities.
SPAAN Tech is actively involved in material submittal reviews, sensors recalibration, various construction observations and contract management. Other project highlights:
· Monitored recalibration of vehicle detection sensors for I-90 Corridor.
· Updated Violation Enforcement System camera High Pressure Wash System (VES WASH)
· Updated Plaza electrical drawings; Plaza field inspections for Digital Video Migration (DVM)
· Planned Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) for Uninterruptible Power Supply
· Assisted with modifications of Dynamic Messenger Sign and Solar Power specifications and drawings.