SPAAN Tech, Inc. is a leading global, award-winning, engineering and construction management firm and we’re growing. With over 20 years of service, we provide and implement innovative, sustainable solutions in transportation, aviation, water, energy efficiency and technology. SPAAN Tech employs the most experienced and highly accredited professional engineers, architects and software technicians.
The Electrical Engineer, under supervision of a Senior Engineer, will participate in the planning and design of electrical systems as a part of a multi-discipline engineering team or on electrical only projects.
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer experienced in the design of power distribution, building instrumentation control, fire alarm, lighting, and communication systems for commercial, institutional, and municipal facilities. Experience in roadway and highway lighting is desirable. A minimum of 5-10 years Electrical Engineering experience is preferred.
Electrical Engineer Job Responsibilities:
• Ensure design conforms with all applicable codes and client standards: including, but not limited to, NFPA 70, 70E, 72, 101, 110, the City of Chicago Electrical Code. Familiarity with Illinois Department of Transportation and Chicago Department of Transportation standards and specifications.
• Identifying, procuring, and using new BIM technologies
• Perform engineering calculations
• Prepare contract documents and technical reports
• Prepare analyses of equipment selection
• Perform site visits and issue report
• Edit/write specifications
• Provide input into standards
• Preparation of estimates of probable construction costs
• Supporting the electrical bid process for clients, observe construction, and assist with start-up
• Preparation of electrical design budgets and design schedules
• Complete projects within budget and schedule
• Other tasks as assigned
Electrical Engineer Required Education, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Active Professional Engineer license in the State of Illinois is preferred
• SKM Power Tools, AGI32, Revit
• Working knowledge of MS Office products
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of other engineering disciplines
• Ability to work independently, but also in a team environment
Electrical Engineer Other:
SPAAN Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits Request Salary Requirements and History
Will request references for candidates invited to 2nd interview
Please submit resume to: HR@SpaanTech.com